Sunday, March 13, 2016

we made it! #2

Congratulations! You made it another two weeks. Don't spend a second of your precious weekend reading this post; go out and celebrate at the beach or something. Or go bowling! When was the last time you did that?

Oh, you're still here...

Fine. Try to enjoy the rest of this post while your muscles slowly atrophy from lack of use.



playlist:

Just Like Heaven– The Cure
one of my favorites... according to frontman Robert Smith, "The song is about hyperventilating—kissing and fainting to the floor." It is my idea of what falling in love should feel like. 

Sandy– John Travolta
this song is honest and naive and desperate and also kinda hot, basically everything I love about Grease. "what will they saay... Monday at school?"



linky links:

Serious Eat's matcha and white chocolate popcorn. I love all things matcha, and it pairs pretty amazingly with white chocolate.

shou zhua bing from The Woks of Life. Layers!! So many beautiful layers! These remind me of the cong you bing (scallion pancake) breakfasts that my dad has been making since I can remember.

peanut butter and jelly brownies from Joy the Baker. The PB&J chocolate bar from last week's TJ's trip proved the beauty of the PB, jelly and chocolate combo, and these take it to another level.

Aziz Ansari Goes to India: as the first generation of my family to be born in the US, I found myself relating to this on so many levels, all the way down to the awkwardly brief phone exchanges with my Chinese grandparents (uh.. want to talk to Mom now?).


This week in Trader Joe's:


Hot and Sweet Mustard

Grade: A
Oh my god this stuff is sooooo good. I put it on everything. It is exactly as advertised, hot and sweet, but also smoky and sticky and pungent and unique. If you are a mustard person, try this.



I took a bit of time for myself the other day at Barnes and Nobles because I was feeling burned out from school and rehearsals and it was really wonderful. Look, I know our society hammers into us that idea where every waking moment not spent working is a moment wasted (exhibit A: me scribbling notes in between mouthfuls of rice–why just chew when you can learn anatomy at the same time?) and yes, hard work is important, but give yourself a break every once in a while. Burnout happens, and trying to work through it will backfire on you. Go bowling!!

Thanks for reading to the end; it really means a lot to me that you're willing to risk vitamin D deficiency to take this all in. Have an incredible Sunday!
  




4 comments:

  1. AW LOVED THIS <3 sooo relatable about the grandparents thing omg and THE MUSTARD IS SO GOOOOOOD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww thanks lois and I KNOW RIGHT i never knew mustard could get to that level but this stuff is insane!

      Delete