Sunday, February 21, 2016

maple and orange zest granola



I just watched Amelie for the third time. Such a beautiful film–if only life was a bit more like it... oh, to live in a whimsical world of over-saturated colors and dusty treasure boxes and funny old painters with glass bones who tell you to take more risks. How else will I get my Nino Quincampoix in the end if I have no funny old painter to convince me??





Maybe I will have to reel him in with the smell of this granola. (Sorry, I know it isn't the best segway but I am on a tight schedule here. (And no, watching Amelie for the third time was not originally part of said schedule.)) OR! Maybe the granola IS my Nino. Maybe I'm destined to spend the rest of my life as an old spinster with maple-orange granola as my only companion.



Which wouldn't be that bad, you know. Because it is really great granola, wonderfully crunchy and full of maple syrup, vanilla, and orange zest. If I had to describe Amelie with a batch of granola, it would be this one. Warm, delicate, and sweet, with a little bit of quirk.

Make a ton all at once so that you have time (accumulated over all the speedy breakfasts) to watch the movie if you haven't already.



Maple and Orange Zest Granola

2 cups rolled oats
1/3 cup maple syrup
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 teaspoon orange zest
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Prepare a large baking sheet by lining with foil or parchment paper. 

Mix together all ingredients except oats. Dump in the oats and stir well until they are all fully coated with the wet mixture.

Pour and spread in the pan and bake, stirring gently every 10 minutes or so, for 30-40 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool completely. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment